TIRE CHANGES AND REPAIRS IN ORLEANS
Deciding on a set of tires isn't difficult, but it pays to invest some time in the process. At Precision Automotive in Orleans, we strive to provide our customers with the tire that best suits their vehicle, driving habits and budget. We will gladly take the time to price and discuss your tire options.
Our goal is to supply our clients a tire that provides the best value for their dollar.
- Supply and installation of all major brands of tires
- Low profile and regular tire mounting
- Tire repairs
- Electronic wheel balancing
- Nitrogen tire filling with every installation
- Free nitrogen top ups with tire purchases
- TPMS reprogramming
- Electronic four wheel alignments
- Tire mounting on rims up to 24" in diameter
- Road hazard warranty available
- Complimentary visual steering, suspension and brake check with seasonal tire transfer.
Feel free to stop by or call us for more information or a quote. We'd be happy to discuss which makes and models of tires are best suited to your vehicle and needs.
Seasonal or Winter Tires?
Transport Canada and the Rubber Association of Canada advise motorists to think about safe driving in winter.
Vehicle handling will be improved when tires of the same type, size, speed rating and load index are installed on all four wheels. View a new demonstration video showcasing the benefits of using four winter tires of the same type, size, speed rating and load index by visiting www.betiresmart.ca
Tires marked with the pictograph of a peaked mountain with a snowflake meet specific snow traction performance requirements, and have been designed specifically for use in severe snow conditions.
If you intend on driving in severe winter conditions, install four winter tires that meet the snow tire designation on your vehicle. These snow tires will assist you to control your vehicle safely in slippery conditions.
Tires marked M+S or mud and snow tires, also known as all-season tires, continue to provide safe all-weather performance, but may not always be suitable for severe snow conditions.
Wide, high performance tires, other than those that are specifically designed as snow tires, are not suitable for use on snow covered roads.
Courtesy of Transport Canada.
There exist tremendous differences in the quality, consistency, durability and performance of tires. Generally speaking, there is little difference in the pricing practices of most tire retailers. Usually, the true difference in price between one tire and another is due to the difference in quality and consistency between the products.
Below are a few tips when shopping for tires:
- Compare "Apples to Apples" (Price the same tire)
- Get Complete pricing (tire, mounting, balancing, installation, valves, taxes, fees)
- Avoid Economy products if intended for long-term use, they are "economy" for a reason
- Purchase early, but in season. Wait too late and your preferred make or size may be sold out, but purchase off season (i.e. Winters tires during the summer), and expect to pay a premium.
- Wait for promotions. Most tire retailers offer incentives during transitional seasons to encourage purchases.
- Ask Questions! The best value for your dollar may not be the best priced tire, or the most expensive. Ask about realistic use expectancy and performance characteristics.
- Great deals are out there, no doubt about it. But, if a price sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Beware of imitations or poor-quality import tires.
Give us a call! We'll give you an honest opinion about a prospective tire purchase, and help you find a tire that gets you the best value for your dollar.
Benefits of Nitrogen
Since 2003, Precision Automotive fills every single purchased tire using Nitrogen. Read on for more information about this emerging practice.
Nitrogen in tires is becoming a very popular replacement for air, and for good reason. With proper inflation procedures and adequate purity, nitrogen can provide amazing benefits. Converting to nitrogen in tires can improve your fuel economy by up to 10% and increase your tire life by 30% or more while dramatically increasing the safety of your vehicle.
High purity nitrogen has been used for decades in NASCAR, Formula One, the Tour de France, the US Military and many other applications where safety and economy are paramount concerns.
Effects of nitrogen in tires:
- Dramatically slows pressure loss from permeation
- Improves fuel economy
- Reduces tire oxidation
- Eliminates interior wheel corrosion
- Reduces running temperatures
- Decreases false alarms and activation of Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems